We get asked this question all the time so we have decided to share with you some of the best books on grammar.
This book is a great informational guide on spoken and written English grammar.
- Examines patterns of use in the news, fiction and academic English
- Takes grammar and vocabulary together and looks at how they interact
- Is based on the analysis of 40-million words of British and American, written and spoken corpus text
- Uses over 3000 examples of real, corpus English to illustrate the points
- Uses frequency tables and graphs to make the new findings of this grammar clear
The Blue Book of Grammar and Punctuation is a concise, entertaining workbook and guide to English grammar, punctuation, and usage.
- Clear and concise, easy-to-follow, offering “just the facts”
- Fully updated to reflect the latest rules in grammar and usage along with new quizzes
- Ideal for students from seventh grade through adulthood in the US and abroad
Many students of English as a second language are scared by the complexities of English grammar and its terminology. This user-friendly book was written especially for them. The emphasis here is on practical use of written and spoken American-style English, rather than on theory.
The first of the book’s 15 chapters explains different kinds of sentences–affirmative, negative, and interrogative, as well as clauses and phrases that are component parts of many sentences. Several chapters that follow focus on different parts of speech, describing their uses in verbal and written communication. The book’s later chapters discuss vocabulary, standard protocols in conversational speech, and modes of expression, such as preferences and dislikes. Short quizzes for self-testing appear throughout the text, with answers given at the back of the book. – Amazon
English Grammar in Use with Answers, authored by Raymond Murphy, is the first choice for intermediate (B1-B2) learners and covers all the grammar required at this level.
It is a self-study book with simple explanations and lots of practice exercises, and has helped millions of people around the world to communicate in English. It is also trusted by teachers and can be used as a supplementary text in classrooms. – Amazon
To practice your written and spoken with live tutors 24/7 click this link and start speaking with English Ninjas today.